Deprived of MIND

seeing someone you love & know soo well
just.....forget.
forgetting their kids; their family.
forgetting their name,
even forgetting something as simple as; using the bathroom.

i dont cry; to stay strong for my crying mother.
while her mother is lost.
Lost in her own mind. Too far gone to ever come back.
Too ever be found again.


Non-responsive to anothers touch.
Anothers voice. Anothers smile.
Searching her hands for something that was NEVER there.
old age. weight loss. no teeth.
But she still has her warm touch,
& thats what I love about HER.


I allow the pain, sadness, and tears to build up
until Night comes. Waiting for The darkness to cover me with its blanket
silently, i just...breakdown. This becomes my secret.
Only letting the dark see my tear stained cheeks.
& it will remain a secret, until SHE;
finds her way back to what she knows is familar.


shes gone.
& even though she's still here.
she's never coming back.


Dementia is a prison;
that has her locked up.
my Grandmother is the victim